Monday, January 5, 2009

#6... Yahweh, have it Your way

I have finally accomplished another 101 task!! #6- get a tattoo :)

A couple of nights ago I was talking to Heather on skype when I told her to come up for my birthday. She said she'd come if I got a tat... and since we have been talking about it for so long now, I told her I just might actually do it! (but there was no pressure! haha but really!) So... after much deliberation... I said, "Heather, get in your car." She left her house around midnight and got to mine around 2am. The next day, January 3, 2009, the day I turned 21 years old... I got my first tattoo.

Stef and Heather watched as the glorious name of our amazing God was imprinted into my skin, forever. I love it.

My birthday absolutely could not have been any better. Some have said that since I actually remember my 21st birthday then it wasn't what it should have been. Horsepucky. How sad would it have been if I hadn't remembered this amazing day?? Seriously... it was awesome.


According to the book, "Praying the Names of God," the name Yahweh occurs more than 6,800 times in the Old Testament, and appears every time you see the word "Lord" in small caps. The name Yahweh is most closely related to God's redeeming acts in the history of His chosen people.

My prayer is that every time my eye catches the writing on my wrist, I will be reminded of the One who gave His life for me. And that every time it catches the eye of someone else, they will inquire, and give me the opportunity to tell them of this amazing God who saves.

My redeemer... Who ever lives in me.


Two down... ninety-nine to go!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yahweh! I love it. I love Him. I love you!