Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's time...

I am the world's most perfectionistic blogger. That's probably why it's been over a year since I last wrote on here. I write a paragraph and then I completely erase it. It's not that I want it to be absolutely perfect, but for some reason I'm just really picky about what I say.

I'd like to say I'm sorry for not having blogged in so long, but I'm honestly not that sorry. Bloggerland is much better off having not heard all I could have written in the past year. Well, I partially take that back. God has done an incredible work in me this past year (more so than any other year, no doubt) and I know I could have let all of you in on the incredible ways He has revealed Himself to me, but this year has been about truly coming to know Him in a way that I never have before... and I think He has wanted me to keep it to myself. Until now.

I've had a compelling need rising up for some time now to start blogging again. But it's an easy thing to put off when you haven't written in so long. I used to write all the time, even before I started this blog. I've never done it to keep people "updated" but rather to put life into a better perspective for myself. And if it affects others in a similar way, I'm thankful. So there I was with this secret internal compulsion to put my pen to the paper, when an external confirmation made its appearance. My best friend decided to randomly ask why I don't ever write anymore and mentioned that she checks my blog all the time. Justeen Roy, I dedicate this to you.

So here you have it. A blog about writing blogs. Probably a disappointment to some, but it's just what I needed for right now. I have many different subject matters I want to discuss here very soon. But I needed just a simple jump-start to get myself going. I think I'll put that here:

It's time to write again.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Good for you! I could be critical of your lack of blogging, but hello pot, meet kettle. I would like to read some posts about living with roommates in an apartment and all the fun and hijinks that will ensue. Think of it as Three's Company, minus Jack of course.